The TFPC is looking for new members!
Are you interested in volunteering with the Toronto Food Policy Council to support and develop innovative food policies and programs for the City of Toronto?
Every year, the TFPC accepts applications for new members. This year we are seeking members from the following sectors and communities:
- Indigenous communities
- Food retailers
- Food entrepreneurs/food processing/food manufacturing/food service
- Urban farmers
- Rural farming communities
TFPC members donate their time, energy, skills and experience to keep Toronto Public Health abreast of food policy trends, challenges and possibilities. Members represent a spectrum of Toronto’s diverse populations, and bring their insight and experience to the City of Toronto.
To apply, please send a resume and one-page letter to email@example.com, outlining:
- what food sector you are connected with
- the city ward/neighbourhood you live and/or work in
- the skills and experience you will contribute to the TFPC and City’s food policy work
The TFPC seeks participation from diverse food sectors and areas of the city. Applications will be assessed by a nominations committee based on current sectoral gaps in TFPC membership.
Applications are due Tuesday August 2nd. Nominees will be contacted before August 15th.
The application deadline has been extended until Wednesday August 10th.