TO Election: September Events
The TFPC’s municipal election working group invites you to plan a community dinner to bring together voters and candidates to discuss food issues in the City. A series of events will take place across the city from September 13-21.
Will you join us and plan an event?
We’ve prepared an event planning checklist to make it easy!
- Set an agenda: identify the goals, objectives and outcomes
- Identify other community groups you can partner with in your ward
- Identify a date and location to hold your event
- Approach and confirm a facilitator/host for the event
- Prepare a menu or invite community members to share a meal
- Send out invitations to community members and candidates running in your ward
- Discuss issues that are important for community members
- Provide information and resources on how to engage potential candidates
- Provide a declaration that community members can sign and present/send it to the candidates
- Send a thank you letter/email to all those that attended reiterating key point and information
- Take pictures and tweet us using #vote4food